In this issue:
- Have Better (or No) Meetings
- Understanding Open Source Licensing for SaaS
- Sales Advice for SaaS Founders
- A Plan for 10x SaaS Growth
- Why Linkedin is Great for B2B SaaS Marketing
🚀 Let's blastoff!
📢 Have Better (or No) Meetings
- People instinctively set up meetings without thinking about if it's necessary or not first.
- Avoid meetings with email, Slack polls, and share videos.
- 25 minutes is proven to be the most effective meeting length for increasing focus.
- The more people a meeting has, the less focused it will be.
- Think of what your goal is for the meeting. If a person isn't involved in that goal, don't invite them to the meeting.
Our takeaways from "This is exactly how long your meetings should last". Read this article.
📄 Understanding Open Source Licensing for SaaS
- Make sure to understand the legal implications of the open source projects you use to build your SaaS.
- BSD / MIT License: Okay to sell and build a SaaS with it.
- Apache License: Okay to sell and build a SaaS with it.
- MPL (Mozilla Public License): Okay to sell, but only under the same license. Okay to build a SaaS with it.
- LGPL (Lesser GNU Public License): Okay to sell as a larger work. Okay to build a SaaS with it.
- GPL (GNU Public License): Not okay to sell, but okay to build a SaaS with it.
- AGPL (Affero GNU Public License): Not okay to sell or build a SaaS with it.
Disclaimer: We aren't lawyers and this is not legal advice. Our takeaways from "The businessmen's guide to open source licenses". Read this article.
🛑 Sales Advice for SaaS Founders
🌱 A Plan for 10x SaaS Growth
- Spend 10% of your time on things that take 10 minutes and 10x your growth.
- Form partnerships with communities, influencers, and newsletters.
- Outsource and automate to be more efficient with your time.
- Pay your users for referring users back to you.
Our takeaways from "Growth Hacking Tutorial: 5 Strategies to Exponentially Grow Your Startup". Watch this video.
💲 Why Linkedin is Great for B2B SaaS Marketing
- Potential customers are already tapped into the business mindset when on Linkedin.
- It is easy to reach people with ads directly targeting their skills or job title.
- You can create a "lookalike audience" by uploading your existing customer list. Linkedin will find customers similar to the list you provided.
- You can effectively reach your leads when they actively need you.
- If you have employees, your traffic will be amplified when they share your posts.
Our takeaways from "5 Reasons to Use LinkedIn for B2B Marketing". Read this article.
Thanks for Reading!
I really mean it!! Sign up for our newsletter if you’d like to get these tips in your inbox every week.